2009/04/26

Epic Morghoul vs Mohsar, 750pts Assassination

My second 750 pts battles. This time I played against one of the two local Circle players, he used Mohsar proxied by the druids solo. I was really tired and did not play sharp (again...)
He had: Mohsar, Woldwarden, Woldwierd, Woldwatcher, Warpwolf, full gators, min bogtrogs, two sets of stones, gobbers, min grinders.
I had: Epic Morghoul, 2x Cyclopse, 2x Krea, 2x Drake, full Ferox, 6x Karax, Soulwarden (proxied with Zaal), Guardian and full paingivers.
Highlights:
Getting paralatic field over the gatormen and spirit lock on the woldwarden, in turn one, with one krea.
Not losing anything to the side-charging bogtrogs and killing them shortly after.
Finally using morgs feat and killing the warpwolf and locking most down except...
Outcome:
.. Mohsar which first zapps morgs and then kills him with his ranged attack (needing 13+ to hit, I think I lost my lucky streak there ;))
Lessons learned:
Even mister awsomesauce morghoul should not be placed out in the open.
Do not give away stuff to early in the game only to dent something of him (e.g. the Ferox).
The Karax did well again in minimum format, I might use them more like this.
Pictures:
The armies line up for battle

Fighting starts at the left flank

All out engagement

Auch!

No comments:

Post a Comment